The Dominican Overseas Education and Relief Society (DOERS) is a committee of the Third Order of St. Dominic, Inc., [Idaho Lay Dominicans (Blessed Margaret of Castello Chapter)] a State of Idaho, U.S.A., non profit tax exempt 501(c)(3) corporation.
So that children may grow up healthy and strong starting with the health of women and mothers in a spirit of collaboration.
In the steps of St. Dominic, DOERS will carry out its vision by:
- Development of sustainable access to safe drinking water,
- Distribution of antiparasitic medicines and education to promote deworming campaigns,
- Distribution of prenatal micronutrients and other assistance, and education to improve maternal health,
- Bolstering health care delivery through education and delivery of medicine and supplies,
- Promoting hygiene education, and
- Promoting educational awareness of developmental challenges and possible solutions.